1. Skip to header
  2. Skip to navigation
  3. Skip to content
  4. Skip to footer

Get Help

How to Get Assistance

Temporary Emergency Services provides many different types of services to the Tuscaloosa County area. We provide food bags, clothing, baby items, household items, and hygiene items. We also provide money towards driver's licenses, birth certificates, dental care, and prescriptions to clients.

In order to receive food, clothing, or personal items from TES you must bring a referral from another agency (such as the Salvation Army, Community Soup Bowl, or Community Services Program) that expresses a need for an item. Referrals are not needed for medications, driver's licenses, or birth certificates. For medications you must bring the prescription or bottle with the prescription information and some form of identification. You can use all of the services only once every 3 months.

TES also helps with utility assistance. TES can pay up to $50 on a utility bill IF the rest of the bill is paid in full first. To make an appointment for this utility assistance you must call 205-391-6647 on MONDAYS ONLY at 9:00 AM.

TES also participates in Project Share through the Red Cross. To qualify for this program you must be the head of your household and be disabled or over the age of 62 and meet income requirements. Project Share will pay up to $150 on a utility bill. To make an appointment for Project Share you must call 205-391-6647 on MONDAYS ONLY at 10:00 AM.

For more information on getting help, please call TES at 205-758-5535.